Scope of this policy
UExcel Pty. Ltd. (ABN ), referred to as ‘we’ ‘us’ and ‘our’, is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information that we collect from you, hold and use. ‘Personal information’ is simply information that identifies you. We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles, found in the Privacy Act 1988.
This policy applies to personal information that you provide to us directly, through online channels and personal information that we receive from third parties. This policy does not apply to employee records, and any information that we collect about corporate entities.
Collecting your personal information
a. Personal information we collect
The type of personal information UExcel Pty. Ltd. collects and holds includes but is not limited to your:
- contact details, including name, address, phone numbers (including Skype and WhatsApp ID), email address, website URL;
- date of birth;
- Australian Business Number (ABN);
- photographs of you including copies of photo identity documents such as drivers licence and passport.
For specific types of recruiting, and particularly for migration matters, UExcel Pty. Ltd. from time to time collects and holds sensitive personal information, including your:
- place of birth, nationality, racial and ethnic origin;
- religious or philosophical beliefs or affirmations;
- professional associations or memberships;
- criminal record;
- health, genetic or biometric information.
b. Information collected from our website
UExcel Pty. Ltd. automatically collects and stores the following information about visitors to its website:
- Server IP address
- Domain name
- Date and time of visit
- Web pages accessed and documents downloaded
- Previous site visited
- Type of browser used
- Screen monitor resolution
This information is collected in an aggregated form and cannot directly identify individual visitors. We only use the information to measure the number of visitors to the different parts of the site and to help us make the site more useful to you. If we do not collect this information, we may be unable to tailor our website content to your preferences. You are able to browse our site without entering any personal information so you can remain completely anonymous during your visit.
c. How we collect personal information
We collect personal information about potential clients, clients, referrers, contractors, job applicants, website and email subscribers, consultants, interns, people who attend our events or functions, and people who make enquiries or otherwise come into contact with us.
We collect personal information through the following avenues:
- our website and social media pages;
- via documents, such as application forms;
- at medical information sessions in Australia or overseas;
- during meetings with you;
- phone or written enquiries and contact;
- from third parties, such as referrers and recruitment agents;
- job applications;
- practitioner, consultant and intern intake procedures;
- at UExcel events.
We only collect sensitive information from potential clients or clients, via information collection documents such as migration forms, during meetings with you, or via other communication or correspondence with you.
What will UExcel Pty. Ltd. use your personal information for?
UExcel Pty. Ltd. will only use or disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, or a directly-related secondary purpose. In other words, we will only use your personal information in a way in which you would be likely to expect us to use it. Some of the main purposes for which we use personal information are:
a. Provision of recruitment services
UExcel Pty. Ltd. will use your personal information to act on your behalf in providing job placement services. We may need to use it to contact you, advise you or prepare documents such as applications, agreements or taxation forms.
As part of providing recruitment services to you we may use your photo identity documents to complete identity verification procedures for our file or otherwise as required for your job application.
b. Promotion and marketing
UExcel Pty. Ltd. may use your personal information for direct marketing, such as emailing you our newsletters, information about our services and upcoming employment opportunities. We may also invite you to UExcel Pty. Ltd. events and functions. Our direct marketing will always contain an ‘unsubscribe’ mechanism, and we will remove you from our direct marketing lists if you ‘unsubscribe’. If we receive your personal information from a third party, we will only use it for direct marketing purposes if you have consented, and have not unsubscribed.
We sometimes use photographs taken at events, which may include photographs of attendees, in our promotional and marketing materials or on our website and social media platforms.
c. Job applications and engaging third parties
UExcel Pty. Ltd. collects personal information from health professional, practitioner, consultancy or internship applicants, sometimes indirectly through other agencies, in order to assess, and if successful, provide employment or otherwise engage the applicant. We may also collect personal information from contractors to enable us to engage them in various capacities.
What will UExcel Pty. Ltd. use your sensitive information for?
Your sensitive information will only be used where necessary to provide recruitment services to you, in accordance with paragraph ‘a. Provision of recruitment services’ above. For example, we may need to use your sensitive information in applying for a Visa on your behalf.
Sharing your personal information
UExcel Pty. Ltd. may, in accordance with the above specific purposes only, disclose your personal or sensitive information to:
- Our employees, consultants or interns;
- Other parties involved in your job placement, including hospitals, medical practices, healthcare organisations, other agencies or government bodies;
- Our auditors or other contractors;
- Anyone you authorise us to disclose it to.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Storing your personal information
UExcel Pty. Ltd. stores your personal and sensitive information on our electronic databases. We also store some of your personal and sensitive information in our hard copy files. Where a hard copy file containing your personal and sensitive information exists, after your file is closed, it may be stored for up to 7 years, then it is destroyed.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal and sensitive information whether it is stored electronically or in hard copy.
Your personal and sensitive information that is no longer required by us or by law will be destroyed or de-identified, unless it is retained for direct marketing purposes.
Right to request access and correction
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold, and seek to have it corrected and updated. Such requests can be made by contacting UExcel Pty. Ltd. directly on the contact details below. No fee will be charged for complying with these requests, but we may charge you for any reasonable fees incurred. If you want us to delete your personal information, please contact us and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it, unless we are prevented from doing so by law.
Right to deal with us anonymously or via pseudonym
You may interact with us anonymously or via pseudonym, however, if you do so, or you choose not to provide us with personal information that we reasonably require, we may not be able to:
- act on your behalf in your recruiting or provide job application advice to you;
- adequately deal with your enquiry or fulfil your request.
How to complain
If you believe UExcel Pty. Ltd. has breached the Australian Privacy Principles or a binding registered Australian Privacy Principles code, you may complain by using the following procedure:
- Contact UExcel Pty. Ltd. on the below contact details and provide us with the details of your complaint;
- We will:
- record your complaint in writing and ask for further information if required;
- We will assess your complaint and contact you within 28 days of the date of the complaint to discuss options to resolve it;
- Work with you to implement any agreed action to resolve the complaint;
- Contact you to follow up about resolution of the complaint;
- If the above process does not deal satisfactorily with your concerns, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 1300 363 992
- Fax: (02) 9284 9666
Our contact details
UExcel Pty. Ltd. (ABN )
Address: Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Tel: +61 423 814 913